Tuesday 28 July 2015

LadyQueen nail art review - Ombre with accents studs and layered studs!

Morning :) I've been very caught up in my writing recently so I've built up quite a haul of new polishes I want to show you! I'll have to spend a few days swatching! I hope you're having a good week!

Today I'm going to show you some nail art studs I was sent by LadyQueen. You can save 15% on all orders by using the code HSLC15 at the checkout.


I really like these studs, theres a great variety of shapes, sizes and colours so it's really easy to do lots of different types of designs and you can use them with any base colour. I've done two different designs to show you today but i have more sketched out so I'll show you those another time.

The first design I did was a great mani with a dry brushed ombre in pink, light pink, purple and lilac. I then accented the mani with bright pink circle studs from this wheel. I love these ones, they're a great colour, they're easy to apply using just top coat and they last well. Also they stay bright and shiny even if you top coat them!


The second mani I did was something I've never tried before but these studs inspired me! in the wheel there was a few different sizes of circles and squares, there were some 'sequin' circles so you can see through the centre and there were some teardrop studs which were slightly larger at the base than one of the circle studs. So, I decided to layer the studs!

I wasn't sure it would work, mainly I wasn't sure the studs would stick to each other but they did! They attached really well just using some top coat!

I used a gold Illamasqua polish as the base colour then I used the following studs on each nail;

Index finger - large pink stud, medium gold stud, small silver stud
Middle finger - medium purple stud, small silver stud
Ring finger - medium baby pink stud, medium blue sequin stud which allows the pink stud to show through the centre
Pinkie finger - silver teardrop stud with a small gold circle stud placed in the base of the teardrop


You can order your studs at www.ladyqueen.com using the code HSLC15 to save 15% on your entire order. 

Tara x


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment and please feel free to leave any relevant links :) x